Publishing plan of the risk research group, KTL (YTOS)
Publishing plan of the risk research group presents the current plan of articles that are under preparation in the risk research group, Department of Environmental Health, KTL, Finland. The actual published articles are on the page Publications of the risk research group, KTL (YTOS).
The purpose of the publishing process is to
- publish new scientific information in the form of peer-reviewed scientific articles
- publish new scientific information also in non-peer reviewed and popular media
- make the information produced in the group as widely available as possible
- target the information production into areas that maximally benefit societal decision-making in terms of public health
- increase the scientific merits of the researchers involved.
Structure of the process
The publications are produced in the following categories:
- Scientific, peer-reviewed publications
- in international scientific journals (in English)
- in international scientific journals (in other languages)
- in international proceedings
- in Finnish scientific journals or proceedings
- Scientific, non-peer-reviewed publications
- meeting abstracts, posters, and oral presentations
- books, book chapters, reports, and monographs
- doctoral and other thesis
- Non-scientific publications
- articles in non-scientific journals
- audiovisual products (own products)
- interviews or news in newspapers or other media
The following manuscripts will be prepared and submitted.
Scientific peer-reviewed articles in international journals
- Pohjola MV, Tuomisto JT: Open collaboration in environment and health policy support
- Pohjola MV, Tuomisto JT: Global climate challenge reshapes the science-policy interface
- Pohjola MV, Pohjola P, Paavola S, Tuomisto JT: Trialogical approach to environmental health assessment
- Pohjola MV, Tuomisto JT, Tainio M, Grellier J, Pekkanen J: Evaluating performance of environmental health assessments
- Marko Tainio, Mikhail Sofiev, Mika Hujo, Jouni T. Tuomisto, Miranda Loh, Matti J. Jantunen, Ari Karppinen, Leena Kangas, Niko Karvosenoja, Kaarle Kupiainen, Petri Porvari, Jaakko Kukkonen: Evaluation of the intake fractions of primary fine particulate matter originated from various source categories. Manuscript. Submission fall 2008. Target journal: Atmospheric environment
- Tainio M.1, Tuomisto J.T.1,2, Pekkanen J1,3, Karvosenoja N.4, Kupiainen K.4, Porvari P.4, Sofiev M.5, Karppinen A.5, Kangas L.5, Kukkonen J.5: Finnish anthropogenic primary fine particle (PM2.5) emissions and their health effects: health impact assessment. Manuscript. Submission fall 2008. target journal: Environmental health Perspective
- Tainio et al.: Exposure and health effects of traffic and domestic combustion based fine particles (PILTTI-tulokset, ajatusasteella)
- Niittynen, M., and Tuomisto, J.T. Dose response of TCDD-induced hepatic biliverdin accumulation, heme oxygenase-1 expression and biliverdin reductase activity in rats. (submission 2010 February/March)
- Marjo Niittynen, Jouni T. Tuomisto, Anna Karjalainen, Hanna Miettinen, Matti Viluksela, and Juha Pekkanen: A case study of combining epidemiology and toxicology in environmental health risk assessment: TCDD-induced dental aberrations in humans and rats. (Manuscript)
- Karjalainen A, Sinkko H, Hirvonen T, Kiviranta H (et al. ?). Nutritional intakes of polychlorinated dibenzopdioxins and furans (PCDD/F), polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), polybrominated diphenylethers (PBDEs) and methylmercury (MeHg) in Finnish children
- Kuusisto E, Elolähde T, Swart W, Kauhaniemi M, Boogaard B, Karppinen A, Hoek G, Tuomisto JT, Nijland H, van Kamp I: Congestion charges for relieving the health burden of traffic in Helsinki Metropolitan Area (submission late 2010)
- Gradowska P, Cooke R, Leino O, Karjalainen A. Bayesian Belief Network model for the benefit-risk assessment of fish in the Beneris project.
- Leino O, Karjalainen A, Tuomisto JT. Effects of methyl mercury and docosahexaenoic acid exposure on child's brain development due to fish consumption in Finland. http://www.pyrkilo.fi/beneris/index.php/Publication_plan_2008-2009<br>
- Leino O et al (?). Geographical variation in methyl mercury and docosahexaenoic acid intake due to fish consumption in Europe http://www.pyrkilo.fi/beneris/index.php/Publication_plan_2008-2009<br>
- Leino O, Hyvönen P, Tuomisto JT. Using hierarcical Bayes method to estimate pollutant concentrations in fish species http://www.pyrkilo.fi/beneris/index.php/Publication_plan_2008-2009<br>
- Leino O et al (?). Methyl mercury in placenta and intake due to fish consumption in Finland and Denmark http://www.pyrkilo.fi/beneris/index.php/Publication_plan_2008-2009<br>
- Kollanus, V., Pennanen, A., Tuomisto, J.T. & Komulainen, H.: Evaluation of As, Cd, Cu and Ni Exposure and Health Risks in People Living Near a Cu-Ni Smelter (submission 2008)
- Ahtoniemi P., Tainio M., Karvosenoja N., Kupiainen K., Porvari P., Karppinen A., Kangas L., Kukkonen J., Tuomisto J.T. Evaluation of intake fractions for different subpopulations due to primary fine particulate matter (PM2.5) emitted from domestic wood combustion and traffic. Piltti manuscript can be found here: N:\YMAL\Publications\In_progress\Ahtoniemi_ Piltti_ iF (submitted 2009-> in press 2010).
- Ahtoniemi P., et al. (Timon sakki) Exposure measurements (Jynkkä, winter 2009 meaurement campaign).
- Ahtoniemi P., et al (?). Bioher - Exposure/iF modelling manuscript (e.g. indoor exposure).
- Ahtoniemi P., et al (?). Bioher - Health effects of wood combustion with four scenarios (oil/wood, oil/pellet).
- Meriläinen P, et al. HiWATE - Risk-benefit assessment of drinking water disinfection (comparison of scenarios)
Planned manuscript ideas with unsure realization:
- Karvonen H, Karjalainen A, Sarkkinen E, Tuomisto JT, Tuomisto J. (et al. ?). Reviewing beneficial and hazardous health effects of fish consumption in children (background: Karvonen will anyway review fish health benefits; ready drafted working outline on fish health hazards exists, but time resources are lacking)
- Leino O, Karjalainen A, Verkasalo P, Turunen A, Tuomisto JT. (et al.?) Benefit-risk assessment of fish and related policy options (drafting begun, outlining very incomplete)
Discarded, previously planned manuscript ideas:
- Pohjola MV, Tuomisto JT, Pohjola V: PSSP ontology - theory and application in environmental health assessments submitted April 2008
- Pohjola MV, Tuomisto JT: Purpose determines the structure of environmental health assessments
- Tuomisto JT, Pohjola MV, Kuhn A: A systematic information structure in open assessment
- Pohjola MV, Tuomisto JT: Managing open risk assessment
Other scientific articles
- authors to be specified (Kuusisto E? Lanki T? Björk E?): Short review on the health effects of environmental noise (to be submitted in Ympäristö & Terveys 2010-2011)
Meeting abstracts and presentations
- Päivi Meriläinen, Jouni Tuomisto, Mikko Pohjola: Open risk assessment of drinking water contaminants – Involving stakeholders. Stockholm water conference, 2008.
- Pohjola MV, Ahtoniemi P, Kollanus V, Jantunen M, Tuomisto JT: Open assessment in assessing impacts of greenhouse gas trade options. Climate change: Global risks, challenges & decisions, Copenhagen 10-12 March 2009.
- Marko Tainio: Integrated assessment of fine particulate matter risks: Quest for optimal model structure. (Working title, end of year 2008)
- Marjo Niittynen: TCDD-induced hepatic biliverdin accumulation in rats (working title, 2009)
- Olli Leino:
- Mikko Pohjola: Environmental health assessments as mediated processes of collective knowledge creation (2010-2011)
- Virpi Kollanus:
The actual published articles are on the page Publications of the risk research group, KTL (YTOS).
The planned publications are based on the work done in the following research projects: