Defining the users of an assessment
|Moderator:Nobody (see all)|
Click here to sign up.
In general terms, applying the new risk assessment method means managing the risk assessment process and producing the risk assessment outputs according to the method. By assisting this, the toolbox should be able to help the risk assessors to (see: General properties of good risk assessments for more detailed description of the properties mentioned below):
- Improve the quality of the contents of risk assessment outputs
- Improve the applicability of the risk assessment outputs
- improve the efficiency of the risk assessment processes
Structure of the process
Users and use purposes of the method
A spectrum of different potential users of the new risk assessment method can be described e.g. as:
- A Scientists, risk assessors in administration, or consultants working for administration on the European level.
- B Scientists, risk assessors in administration, or consultants working for administration on the national level.
- C Risk assessors in administration or consultants working for administration on the community level.
- D Authorities involved in managing risks but not actually qualified in making risk assessments (any level).
- E Political decision-makers (any level).
- F Representatives of the industry or business.
- G Representatives of NGOs.
- H Citizens directly affected by the risk assessment outcomes.
- I Anyone interested.
A spectrum of different kinds of use purposes by different users of the method can be described e.g. as in the table. Also tentative priorities have been given for the toolbox to facilitate different uses for different users (XXX = high importance, XX = moderate importance, X = potential importance, empty cell = no identified need or low importance).
|1 Managing an assessment||XXX||XXX||XXX||X|
|2 Contributing to an assessment as a risk assessor||XXX||XXX||XXX||X|
|3 Contributing to an assessment as a stakeholder||X||X||X||XX||XX||XXX||XXX||XXX||XXX|
|4 Contributing to an assessment as a decision maker||XXX||XXX|
|5 Observing assessment-specific information||XXX||XXX||XXX||XXX||XXX||XXX||XXX||XXX||XXX|
|6 Observing general environmental health related information||XX||XX||XX||XXX||XX||XXX||XXX||XXX||XXX|
|7 Observing general risk assessment related information||XX||XX||XX||X||X||XX||XX||X||X|
|8 Producing general environmental health related information||XXX||XXX||XXX||X||X||XXX||XXX||XX||XX|
|9 Producing general risk assessment related information||XXX||XXX||XXX||X||X||XX||XX||X||X|