Difference between revisions of "List of open tasks"
(task list added)
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
Revision as of 21:49, 6 June 2011
This page is a task.
The page identifier is Op_en3230
|Moderator:Jouni (see all)|
List of open tasks is a decentralised way of collecting useful information to Opasnet and improving the formatting or quality of the existing content. Anyone can contribute to Opasnet for free (see Main Page#How can you participate?). But there are some pieces of information and some tasks that are especially important for the THL maintenance team of Opasnet. Therefore, THL (National Institute for Health and Welfare, located in Finland) is willing to pay for those people who do the tasks listed on this page. Anyone can read the task list, search for the information, organise it into a proper format and upload it to the website.
- 1 Scope
- 2 Result
- 2.1 Expoplatform
- 2.2 Dioxin synopsis
- 2.3 Data upload to Opasnet Base
- 2.4 Templates of page types
- 2.5 Page type update
- 2.6 Improving categorisation
- 2.7 Checking potentially important web links
- 2.8 Miscellaneous
- 2.9 Previous work
- 3 Rationale
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 Related files
What is an efficient way to update Opasnet pages in such a way that
- the most important content gets high priority,
- the tasks are distributed outside the core Opasnet group if possible,
- the editors can get paid if they work on material that is of strategic interest to THL,
- the quality of pages is kept high, and
- copyright rules of external material are not violated?
|1||Eracedu||Not reserved||Jouni||2011-05-27||2011-09-02||under negotiation, requires piloting||http://www.integrated-assessment.eu||The website is copied to Opasnet and organised (ca. 430 pages)|
Issue framing represents the first stage in doing an integrated environmental health impact assessment. It is at this stage that we specify clearly what question we are trying to address, and who should be involved in the assessment.
Responsible person: Arja
There will be a new version of dioxin synopsis in April 2011. The new texts should be implemented in Opasnet.
- Categorise all synopsis pages to Dioxin synopsis.
- Make the Dioxin synopsis page as a table of contents for the synopsis.
- Make the Finnish pages in the same way, using the translated text in Dioxin synopsis.
- Link each page of English and Finnish synopsis with [[heande:] and [[op_en:]] links.
- Synopsis of dioxins and PCBs (Finnish version).
Data upload to Opasnet Base
- IIASA World Population Program.ANA
- Image:Greenhouse gas emissions.ANA
- Image:WHO mortality data.ANA
- Image:WHO morbidity data.ANA
- Upload relevant Beneris data to Opasnet Base. Responsible person: Olli
Templates of page types
The following template pages should be updated based on the following object structure descriptions. The Template:Assessment structure has been done as example.
- Template:Variablestructure based on Variable structure DONE
- Template:Assessment structure based on Assessment structure DONE
- Template:Method structure based on Method
- Template:Tool structure based on Tool
- Template:Study structure based on Study
- Template:Lecture structure based on Lecture
- Template:Encyclopedia structure based on Encyclopedia article
- Template:Task structure based on Task
- Template:Nugget structure based on Nugget
- Template:Class structure based on Class
Page type update
All pages should have a page type. Also, some pages have been classified into a poor page type, because the practices have changed over time. Also the structure should be improved towards Scope, Definition, Result if applicable. Therefore, there are tasks to:
- develop a page that lists all pages without a page type,
- go through all pages without a page type and classify them,
- reclassifying pages into better types when they are being edited for other reasons.
- The current pages will be cleaned up. Two major things: check the page type (variable, assessment...), and add any relevant categories.
- The Variable namespace should be checked, as a lot of it seems to have moved to the Main namespace.
The existing categories are not well developed and systematic. Therefore, there are tasks to:
- improve the categorisation system, preferably based on some existing classification,
- go through the pages and update categories.
- Category:Assessment method articles categorized to Category:Method instead.
Some web links seem interesting and important for Opasnet, but more time is needed to look at those. Only then it is possible to decide, whether the information should be linked to from some Opasnet pages, or whether the information deserves a page of its own. These web links include:
- Copying the material from the EU IA Tools
- Moderator: Heta
- Copyright: may be freely used if the source is properly cited.
- Take the EFSA data (total population, Consumers only) and upload it to the Opasnet Base. Make a variable based on the data.
- Find the newest WHO guidance for dose-response modelling and make methods out of that. A draft guidance is known to us, but there may be newer material.
- Make a full page of human impact assessment based on the links on the page. This is in Finnish. Make each ideakortti into a method.
- Put OECD Environmental report about Finland to the Finnish Opasnet.
- Material:  (should be chopped into relevant pieces first)
- Put the respective English text to English Opasnet.
- Make an encyclopedia article about the mid-term report of the Helsinki energy plan. So far, only news about the report have been found.
- Make an encyclopedia article about Kofi Annan's Human Impact Report. Maybe some details can also be turned into variables.
- Make an encyclopedia article about the Finnish energy strategy. Suomen hallituksen ilmasto- ja energiastrategia 2008   .
- Make encyclopedia articles about these food topics:
- Artikkeli bisneksestä, jossa valtio maksaa siitä, että joku auttaa toista säästämään energiaa. Ennen säästötoimia kirjataan energiankulutus, ja säästöä seurataan. Konsultti saa palkkionsa toteutuneen säästön mukaan. Jos tulee lisäkulua, konsultti joutuu maksumieheksi. Onko tästä jo artikkeli jossain? Heandessa?
Previous work that was done
- Hyöty-riskiarviointi ydinvoimasta Suomessa
- Plantlibra deliverables
- Heimtsa incidence database
- Arsenic to zoonoses
- Article scanning
- Intarese/Heimtsa toolbox pages
- Uploading articles from N: to Heande
- Rewriting Opasnet pages
Previous work that was considered but rejected
- There are the following kinds of tasks:
- Reserve and perform tasks on the list on this page.
- Check and review tasks that were on the list and were done by someone else.
- Recruiting new people to the Opasnet reserve.
- Training of the newly recruited people to different Opasnet user skills (wikifying, info collection, data upload, R coding). People list their skills on their user page.
- Tasks are listed on this page as they appear. The users follow this page e.g. by using the watch functionality and reserve tasks for themselves. This is done by adding the username to the field Doer.
- It is recommended to do tasks in small groups, so that the members can teach each other and the lack of some skills of some individual does not slow down the work.
- It is also possible to describe tasks directly on the respective page using TODO template. Openly available tasks are not assigned to a user but to a project in the follofing way:
- Tasks can be viewed e.g.. for the project Opasnet in this way: Special:TaskList/Opasnet.
- It is possible to pay for doing the tasks, but only under these conditions:
- The user has a user account in Opasnet and has edited enough to gain 20 contribution scores, which have also been reviewed by THL. This is used as an indicator that the user actually has the basic skills needed.
- The user has contacted Jouni Tuomisto and they have agreed upon joining the Opasnet reserve. After this, the user is registered into the THL personnel database, which is a prerequisite for making any payments.
- THL has a specific interest in completing the task, i.e. THL has promised on the THL task list on this page to pay for the completion of the task.
- There are two possible ways to compensate for the work. Neither of them involves an emplyee relationship to THL, nor do they bring any pension, paid vacation, or social security.
- Typically, the payment is a lump sum of money that is mentioned on the list of open tasks. In some cases, work is done on hourly basis (9.09 €/h), but these cases must be agreed upon in advance. Finnish taxes must be paid from these payments. The taxes must be paid by the worker, but THL may take care of the practicalities if a Finnish tax deduction card is given to THL. Workers not located in Finland should find out about possible tax treaties and rules themselves.
- Everyone accumulates onors to their own onor account in Opasnet. This is a work-in-progress idea, and the practical implementation is somewhat open. One possible way to measure onors is to use rating bars about scientific quality and usefulness shown on mature pages.
- The contributors will be given on request a certificate about the work content and time. However, this is not a certificate about employment, because contributors are not employees.
Note that this work does NOT make the worker an employee of THL, and in addition to the monetary compensation, other benefits are NOT offered (no days off, unemployment security or similar).
The contact person is Jouni Tuomisto. Note that different tasks may have different contact persons.
A reviewer will be nominated for each task. He will read through the pages when they are finished. Additionally, you may ask him or Jouni for help and further instructions as well.
Browse through the following pages:
- http://en.opasnet.org/w/Help:Editing#Linking UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS!
Instructions for putting material into right places
- You find interesting material/web pages but have no time to write articles
- Find a page in Opasnet related to the topic. Copy-paste links to the material on the "See also" section of that page. Write a few words of description.
- Same as above but you do not find a related page
- Copy-paste the links to this page on "Miscellaneous" section.
Ohje tämmöisiin tilanteisiin: Kirjoitetaan Opasnetiin (tässä tapauksessa suomenkieliselle sivulle Kuntapeli) aiheen kuvaus lyhyesti vaikka vain kopioimalla suoraan spostista. Yksityiskohtaisemmat jutustelut voi kopioida keskustelusivulle. Aiheeseen liittyvät tiedostot ladataan Heandeen (tai jos käytettävissä on M-files, mieluummin sen Opasnet public-osioon siten, että tiedostot näkyvät Heandessa). Tämä tiedostojen omituinen sijoittelu johtuu tekijänoikeuksista. Heandeen luodaan myös sivu Kuntapeli, joka sisältää ainoastaan linkit kyseisiin tiedostoihin ja varsinaiselle sivulle (suomenkieliseen) Opasnetiin.
Varsinaiselle sivulle laitetaan linkki vastaavasti Heanden sivulle. Tavanomaisten linkkien Kuntapeli lisäksi laitetaan linkki muotoa eli ilman kaksoispistettä. Tämän jälkimmäisen hienous on siinä että se tekee linkin sivupalkkiin otsikolla "Heande" samaan tapaan kuin Wikipediat linkkaavat erikielisten Wikipedioitten sivuja toisiinsa.
- From My preferences -link (upper right hand corner of the page) Special:Preferences you should disable rich text editor (found in 'Editing' section).
- It's wise to categorize pages to classes by typing [[Category:Name of category]] to the beginning of a page.
- There are already existing categories Category:Main_category and you can come up with more of them if needed.
- All sources of information must be cited properly using the following tag <ref>. Please look for more instructions [[Help:Editing#Simple_reference_list|]].
- The work will be payed as 'palkkiolasku' with the following form Hely_palkkiolasku_thl.pdf.
- Fill in for the orderer of the work: Jouni Tuomisto / YMAL / YMTO. Henkilönumero (HOT) must be left open.
Feel free to be bold, explore and learn by trying. You can not cause any irreversible damage because fixing the pages afterwards is very simple.