Heat exposure in Europe
|Moderator:Virpi Kollanus (see all)|
What is the location-specific heat exposure in Europe, measured as the daily maximum apparent temperature (i.e. humidity-adjusted temperature) that is above the area-specific threshold value, averaged over the warm season (April-September)? What is the heat exposure now and what is it in the future?
This is directly calculated from the parent variables.
- Ambient air temperature in Europe
- Urban heat island effect in Europe
- European climate scenarios
- Temperature threshold for the ERF for heat exposure and mortality:
- standard threshold (29.4 °C)
- high threshold (32.4 °C)
- low threshold (25.7 °C)
max( (Maximal daily apparent temperature - temperature threshold), 0)