Usability of Mediawiki as a collaborative workspace for knowledge creation
This page is a study.
The page identifier is Op_en4255
|Moderator:Tekerane (see all)|
How do the various collaborative elements of Opasnet wiki support knowledge creation?
- Refactor the current Peer rating extension. The new extension system should have two rating bars: scientific quality and usefulness.
- Questionnaire to OpasNet users
- Roles of OpasNet users (administrator, researcher, reader, ...)
- Personal research diary
- Interviews, personal communications?
Thoughts on scope
Possible issues with the rating system
- Do users know how to rate pages? How do they understand the scale of rating?
- Possibility of a "paperclip assistant" to help users understand the rating system, or encourage them to use it? ("First time here? Learn more about rating bar!")
- Do users bother rating pages? Do users need to be encouraged to rate, do the users notice the rating tools?
- Usability: are the rating tools easy to use and clear?
- What are the benefits of the ratings to the author(s) of the page?
- What are the benefits of the ratings to other users?
- The Discussion tools should be included in the study.
- Wiki editing conflicts (multiple users editing a page)
- MediaWiki citing markup for sources (if it is somehow relevant)