Urban heat island
This page is a encyclopedia article.
The page identifier is Op_en4574
|Moderator:Virpi Kollanus (see all)|
Urban heat island means an increased ambient temperature in urban areas, compared with rural areas nearby. It is caused by additional heat load from energy use, reduced albedo, reduced wind speed between buildings, and reduced water evaporation by plants within cities.
- Urban heat island in Wikipedia
- Heat island effect
- What is Urban Heat Island Effect (UHI)?
- What is the urban heat island effect?
- Urban Heat Island
- Urban heat islands
- Urban Heat Island Mitigation by U.S.EPA
- Modeling effects of urban heat island mitigation strategies on heat-related morbidity: a case study for Phoenix, Arizona, USA
- Heat Island Reduction
Urban heat island myth