Help:Archiving page contents
Archiving page contents describes how blocks of text on a page can be archived. This need occurs when the text is no longer actively needed, but it is still relevant and must be found when necessary. (Of course, poorly written texts must be edited and not archived.) Archiving is done by using permanent links, which refer to a previous version of the page.
- Click "Permanent link" on the Toolbox on left. Copy the URL (the web link).
- Open the page for editing.
- Paste the link to the end of page together with a description of the contents of the text.
- Add a horizontal line above.
- Remove the text from the page.
- Save the page.