Health technology assessment
This page is a encyclopedia article.
The page identifier is Op_en3719
|Moderator:Jouni (see all)|
<section begin=glossary />
- Health technology assessment is activity for evaluating and promoting good, evidence-based methodologies and practices in health care systems and clinical practice. The aim is to improve effectiveness and efficacy of health care systems.
<section end=glossary />
- Finohta homepage (a department in THL for health technology assessment)
- Ohtanen is a database about summaries of health technology assessments from all over the world. (in Finnish)
- Cochrane collaboration
- Example of a Cochrane review: Does garlic help in common cold?
- Screening programs should be evaluated systematically (in Finnish)
- AGREE is an international collaboration of researchers and policy makers who seek to improve the quality and effectiveness of clinical practice guidelines by establishing a shared framework for their development, reporting and assessment.
- The Guidelines International Network is a major international initiative involving organisations from around the world. G-I-N seeks to improve the quality of health care by promoting systematic development of clinical practice guidelines and their application into practice.
- The International Information Network on New and Emerging Health Technologies (EuroScan) is a collaborative network of member agencies for the exchange of information on important emerging new drugs, devices, procedures, programmes, and settings in health care.