Exporting open tabs to Opasnet
|Moderator:Jouni (see all)|
|This page is a stub. You may improve it into a full page.|
How to export open tabs to Opasnet?
Often when you have performed a search about a topic, you have a lot of tabs open, and you'd like to have an easy way to export all those to an Opasnet page as links. This is how to do it.
- Organise tabs on a web browser (Firefox) so that all that you want to save are on one window.
- On that browser window, right-click a tab and "Select all tabs".
- Right-click again "Bookmark tabs". Save them in a temporary folder.
- Go to Bookmarks >> Import and Backup >> Export Bookmarks to HTML... and save the bookmarks to ~/bookmarks.html (note that ALL bookmarks will be exported, not only the active folder)
- Run the following code in R.
- Open temp.csv from your home folder and copy-paste the links you want to Opasnet
- Remove the temporary folder from bookmarks and the two temporary files created.
library(xml2) library(rvest) tst <- html_nodes(read_html("~/bookmarks.html", options="HUGE"), css="a") out <- data.frame( ref=html_attr(tst, name="href"), name=html_text(tst) ) out$out <- paste0("* [", out$ref, " ", out$name, "]") write_csv(out, "~/temp.csv")