ERF for short-term PM10 exposure and cardiovascular hospital admissions
|Moderator:Virpi Kollanus (see all)|
Exposure-response function for short-term (acute) exposure to ambient air particulate matter (PM) with an aerodynamic diameter < 10 µm and hospital admissions due to cardiovascular causes.
Dimensions relevant for the variable
- Cardiovascular diseases included
- ICD 390-429
- Age of exposed population
- Country/other geographic area
APHEIS study of European cities 
- 0.6% (95% Cl 0.3%, 0.9%) increase in cardiac hospital admissions per 10 µg/m3 PM10 in all ages
Relative risk (RR) per 10 µg/m3 increase in exposure
|Age group||RR||95% Cl|
|All ages||1.006||1.003, 1.009|
- Service Contract for Carrying out Cost-Benefit Analysis of Air Quality Related Issues, in particular in the Clean Air for Europe (CAFE) Programme. Volume 2: Health Impact Assessment. AEA Technology Environment, 2005.
- NEEDS - New Energy Externalities Developments for Sustainability, Deliverable 3.7 "A set of concentration-response function", Integrated Project, Sixth Framework Programme, Project no. 502687.